West Ham United reportedly turned down an offer from Chelsea for Michail Antonio.
The Jamaica international has been a key member of the Hammers team over the years. He featured in 36 Premier League appearances last season, contributing 10 goals and two assists.
However, his game time has reduced after the arrival of Gianluca Scamacca in the summer.
Antonio has made eight starts in the top-flight so far this campaign, while his Italian teammate has been in the line-up on 11 occasions.
The Jamaican is currently contracted to the Irons till 2024 but that hasn’t stopped other clubs from making a move.
According to The Guardian, Chelsea’s injury crisis led them to enquire about signing the 32-year-old on a loan deal.
The Hammers reportedly rejected the offer as they were not interested in loaning the forward out.
However, it is claimed that the East London outfit would be open to letting him leave on a permanent transfer.
Antonio has also been linked with Wolverhampton Wanderers who are reportedly very keen to sign him in this transfer window.
Wolves are battling to survive in the English top-flight this season. They want to add a new forward this month as they have managed to score just 12 goals so far this term.
The Premier League transfers list show they have already signed Matheus Cunha on loan from Atletico Madrid.
However, the Midlands outfit still want more attacking reinforcements to boost their chances of survival.
Latest West Ham News
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- Preview: Luton Town vs West Ham United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- West Ham in July: Six pre-season fixtures as Moyes aims to make a comeback in 2023-24
- West Ham want Harry Maguire, Man Utd might need to cover £10m in wages
- West Ham likely to keep David Moyes as manager for next season
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- West Ham v Arsenal: Declan Rice set for transfer audition
- West Ham earmark Michael Carrick as potential next manager
- West Ham United vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups