West Ham United ended the 2022-23 season on a high by lifting the Europa Conference League trophy, beating Fiorentina in the final in Prague.
David Moyes remained under pressure for the majority of the campaign after he failed to deliver results at the London Stadium, despite heavy investments on new signings in the summer.
However, the Scot managed to guide his side to Premier League survival after a good run in the middle of the campaign.
He also led them to success in the Conference League, and so as a reward, the Hammers will be competing in the Europa League.
Liverpool will be the clear favourites to win the European competition, but we cannot ignore the chances of West Ham as well.
The East Londoners have made an impressive start to the new campaign, picking up 10 points from their first five league encounters.
They were outclassed 3-1 by Manchester City in their most recent game but that defeat came on the back of three successive wins against Chelsea, Brighton & Hove Albion and Luton Town.
The Irons will start their European campaign later this week when they take on Backa Topola, with the match available to watch via West Ham live streams.
The Serbian side seem relatively easier opponents, but the same thing cannot be said about Olympiacos and Freiburg, who are all part of Group A.
However, David Moyes’ side are still expected to finish at the top and make it to the knockouts.
The quality of their squad is unquestioned, with the club having signed Edson Alvarez, James Ward-Prowse, Mohamed Kudus and Konstantinos Mavropanos in the summer.
Apart from Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion, Roma and Villarreal are being regarded as the top favourites to win the prestigious competition.
But the Hammers have the capability of surprising everyone by adding another European trophy after their success in the Conference League.
However, an early elimination in the knockouts is also on the cards for the Londoners if they come up against a big team like Liverpool.
Latest West Ham News
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- Preview: Luton Town vs West Ham United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- West Ham in July: Six pre-season fixtures as Moyes aims to make a comeback in 2023-24
- West Ham want Harry Maguire, Man Utd might need to cover £10m in wages
- West Ham likely to keep David Moyes as manager for next season
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- West Ham v Arsenal: Declan Rice set for transfer audition
- West Ham earmark Michael Carrick as potential next manager
- West Ham United vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- West Ham reject offer from Chelsea for Michail Antonio