West Ham United will return to FA Cup action this Sunday when they take on Bristol City in the third round of the cup competition at the London Stadium.
The Hammers suffered a goalless draw in their previous home game with Brighton & Hove Albion, but they are still sitting sixth in the Premier League table.
West Ham entered 2023 on a high by winning three consecutive matches in the top-flight.
However, they failed to build on that success and were held to a goalless draw in midweek by Brighton.
It was a drab affair at the London Stadium with both sides failing to create many goal scoring opportunities, and a draw felt like a perfect result in the end.
Manager David Moyes led his side to Europa Conference League success last year, beating Fiorentina in the final.
The Scottish boss will now be looking to add another trophy by winning the FA Cup.
The Hammers suffered elimination in the fifth round of the tournament last season after they were beaten by the finalists Manchester United.
On the other hand, Bristol City have been enduring a difficult run of form at the moment.
After the goalless draw against Birmingham City, the Robins suffered a disappointing 1-0 loss to Millwall, with Shaun Hutchinson scoring the decisive goal.
The result leaves them 11th in the Championship standings, having secured 36 points from 26 matches.
Mohammed Kudus and Nayef Aguerd will be missing this Sunday due to their international commitments. Meanwhile, Lucas Paqueta and Kurt Zouma are carrying injuries and so their availability for the weekend fixture is doubtful.
As for Bristol City, Ross McCrorie will sit out due to illness, while Robert Atkinson will also be missing with a cruciate ligament injury.
West Ham United vs Bristol City potential line-ups
West Ham United: Fabianski; Coufal, Mavropanos, Ogbonna, Johnson; Alvarez, Ward-Prowse; Bowen, Fornals, Cornet; Ings
Bristol City: M. O’Leary; G. Tanner, Z. Vyner, R. Dickie, C. Pring; J. Williams, M. James, A. Weimann, J. Knight, A. Mehmeti; T. Conway
How to Watch?
Football fans can watch West Ham United vs Bristol City game via live FA Cup streams.
West Ham United vs Bristol City prediction
West Ham are on a seven-match unbeaten streak at home in all competitions. They will be high on confidence following their recent impressive run, and we are expecting them to comfortably beat Bristol on Sunday.
West Ham 2-0 Bristol City
Latest West Ham News
- How high can West Ham finish in the Premier League
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Bristol City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- Preview: Luton Town vs West Ham United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- West Ham in July: Six pre-season fixtures as Moyes aims to make a comeback in 2023-24
- West Ham want Harry Maguire, Man Utd might need to cover £10m in wages
- West Ham likely to keep David Moyes as manager for next season